Picking up from last week’s conversation, Robin shares his learnings from everyone and everything, his own creative process, and what he has in store for the future.
What we asked
- Do people ever tell you things like your music is not for the Philippines?
- How do you come up with your songs?
- When you’re writing, who do you know when a song is finished?
- Who would be that big of an influence that would make you feel like yeah this is the best song ever, or just totally destroy how you feel about the song?
- Would you ever do an album with your parents?
- With the whole thing, in the past year, what would you say is the biggest thing or skill that you learned?
When I started liking the music industry, it wasn’t just about playing the guitar and singing.
It was more of like, how can I come to a singer who wants to make music how can I help that person? And then it evolved into like, How do you earn from all of this? and then I heard all the things that were terrible about it. And I saw it at such a young age, and I was like, I’m going to avoid it.
You know, you think you could do better than the system and you’re not. So it happened to me and I was just like, wow, you can’t be mad at that because you knew it was going to happen. So that’s why I laugh.Robin Nievera
I mean like this is probably the first time I took care of myself and a release. I moved three times in one year, so I figured out a way to like, logistically move my life quickly. I’m enjoying the lifestyle here where I got to do everything.
I didn’t know how to do a lot of things when I got here. So the, this pandemic really shook it up a bit. So I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t think I’m the same person as I was in 2019.Robin Nievera
I wish we could’ve included more and shared the actual 3 hour conversation we had. For those who don’t already know, Rob is one of the funniest, most self-deprecating, and humble people out there. He didn’t ask, but I’m asking you to check him out. “International sounding” or whatever that means, this dude’s music is a breath of fresh air from our generation.
Transcript of this episode to follow.
Thanks for stopping by, and subscribe, follow, leave a review, or comment on IG @milesasksagain.
Be brave, be kind.